Free Inspector Education and Training for our members
Join InterNACHI South Africa as a full member
Join InterNACHI as a full Student Member
Courses specifically for South Africa
The following courses are South Africa specific:
- Introduction to Home Inspection course (free to all)
- South African Standards of Practice for the Inspection of Residential Property (free to all)
- Soils, Substructure and Superstructure course (free to members)
- Roof Inspection (Free to members)
We will be creating more courses specifically for South Africa in the future, but it takes time. The courses below were written for North American and will vary in their degree of relevance to South African Inspectors. Please take time to look through them.
Other Inspection Courses
- Customer Service and Communication for Inspectors
- Professionalism: Sales, Customer Service, & Communication
- Defect Recognition/Report Writing Tutorial
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector
- How to Inspect Pools and Spas
- How to Inspect Geysers
- Geyser Discharge Piping
- How to Inspect Septic Systems
- Residential Structural Design for Home Inspectors
- Inspecting Metal Roofs
- Inspecting Slate Roofs
- Ladder Safety Training
- How to Inspect the Roofspace, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior
- Log Home Inspection
- Green Building Inspection
- How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion
- Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP)
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know
- Commercial Property Inspection Prerequisite
- Inspecting Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers
- Comfort and Climate for Inspectors
- Code of Ethics Obstacle Course
- InterNACHI’s Inspector Examination
- Energy Movement
is a digital, downloadable highly-organized collection of editable narratives and reference material for home inspectors that serves three purposes:
The broad scope of the library narratives and reference material will prompt many users to identify conditions that they had previously missed, misunderstood, or with which they were not familiar. Slate roof example (HomeGauge version). Available as a digital template for selected inspection software and as a series of Word Documents.
Written by InterNACHI Director, course developer, CMI and author Kenton Shepard
Thousands of inspection terms
- Most courses are free.
- The courses are written in pure XHTML code for quick loading. The courses load fine on old computers and load fast, even with dial-up.
- The courses are designed using hierarchal menu coupled with sequential page navigation. This provides the student with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The courses permit the student to start, stop and restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images referenced within the courses, including diagrams, illustrations and pictures of actual defects.
- Some illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing by clicking on them.
- The text is integrated into InterNACHI’s Inspector Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that reference the images.
- The courses’ quizzes and final exams have numerous advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The courses, quizzes and final exams incorporate built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student’s unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly, but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety or questions every inspector should know the answer to are weighted to such that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly.
- Upon passing the final exam the student can print out a Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
- Online courses have many advantages over classroom courses.
- Veteran inspector speaks out about InterNACHI’s online courses.
- free, downloadable course materials (yours to keep);
- inexpensive online video class;
- free online final exam;
- free printable Certificate of Completion; and
- InterNACHI, MICB, IAC2, ASHI, and state Continuing Education approval.